About the Firm
Experienced Lake Oswego Bankruptcy Attorney Focuses on Debt Relief
Dedicated help for consumers in the Portland area
In 2007, I founded the Ian Shearer Bankruptcy Law Firm with one goal in mind: to eliminate debt from your life so you can gain control over your finances. If you are living with crushing debt, you’ve lost more than money. You’ve lost your freedom. You’ve lost your potential. But I can help you reclaim your freedom and start to live life to its fullest. I offer:
- Free in-person consultations
- Fast filings
- Personalized plans
- Affordable fees
I work with you to formulate a strategy that reduces or completely eliminates your debts. Filing for bankruptcy is a personal as well as an economic decision. I understand, and I can help you decide if bankruptcy is the right choice for you and your family.
Delivering much-needed relief through bankruptcy for more than 10 years
Many people think bankruptcy is a financial death sentence, but it’s really not. In truth, it’s probably the most powerful of all our consumer protection
laws, and it has given millions of people the fresh start they so desperately needed. Your creditors and debt collectors don’t want you to know that, however; they would prefer to keep you on the hook for bills you can never hope to repay.You owe it to yourself to learn more, and I can help. Take advantage of a free consultation, and you’ll find I am:
- Highly qualified — I have been helping individuals and small businesses in Oregon ease their financial burdens for 10 years . I have personally helped hundreds of clients successfully file bankruptcy in Oregon and receive their discharge. In addition to my law degree, I have an MBA, so I understand finance and business.
- Very accessible — I answer my own phone seven days a week. I make myself available for evening and weekend appointments. As my client, you only deal with me — I am the only point of contact for all calls, meetings and hearings.
- Affordable rates — Too many debtors put off seeing an attorney because they’re afraid of adding to their debt without realizing much of a benefit. I am conscious of controlling costs so you can get the relief you need.
- Ease of Process — I personally do all the paperwork with you. I do not send you home with a large stack of confusing and time consuming paperwork to complete.
If you’re burdened with debt, act now. I am ready to help you to a more secure future with Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy plans that set you free.
Area of Practice
Caring bankruptcy attorney helps Oregon consumers
In my practice, I primarily assist with Chapter 7
and Chapter 13 bankruptcy
filings for individuals, couples, and small-business owners. Related benefits include:
- Fighting debt collections — If you’ve been harassed by debt collectors, you have rights under the federal Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and may be able to sue for damages.
- Mortgage modifications — I can often help clients hold onto their homes with a mortgage modification.
- Student loan debt relief — Although student loans are generally not dischargeable in bankruptcy, there are exceptions you need to be aware of.
- Foreclosure defense — A bankruptcy filing results in an automatic stay, which can stop a home foreclosure in its tracks.
The right debt relief program depends on your unique circumstances. I take a hands-on approach to your case, developing a plan that fits your situation and advances your goals.
Contact a knowledgeable bankruptcy attorney in Lake Oswego for a free personal assessment
For quick, affordable and highly personal debt relief services in the greater Portland area, you can trust the Ian Shearer Bankruptcy Law Firm. Take advantage of a free consultation to learn how bankruptcy can provide the relief you need. Call me at 503-810-0471 or contact my office online
to schedule your appointment.